11/13/12

"Picking" a Career

From Troy Anderson

(Regarding the Hall of Fame Coins.) I have purchased the first and second sets, and they are beautiful. Looking forward to the 3rd, 4th and 5th . . . lol. I really think one of these coins should honor you. Maher Ventriloquist Studios was such a special part of my childhood, and for so many others growing up in the 60's and 70's as well. I may not have written a lot or ordered a lot, but I must have flipped through the color catalogs a thousand times. I was saving my "Detroit News" paper route money for a basswood Tommy figure and practising my ventriloquism every day. I read each issue of NewsyVents as soon as it arrived. I ended up buying a banjo instead and following a musical path. I think it would be great to see you on one of these coins.
*  *  *  *  *  *
 From Mr. D:  Thank you for your kind words and thanks for sharing your story.  Picking a musical career is not a bad thing, and it would seem your interest in ventriloquism remains.  I don't think it's too late for you to add a puppet to your concerts!  As for a Maher/Detweiler coin...it may happen at some point.  I have others I prefer to feature first.  Maybe it could be a bonus coin or something - we'll see.  By the way, set #3 is now in stock.  I order a few extra sets just to be certain I could fill all orders.  So if anyone reading this would like a set (or another set), just contact me: mahertalk@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment