10/23/12

Mr. D:   I carved the lower legs for my lady figure using scraps of styrofoam, covered them with paper mache, Polyfilla, and they look awesome and they are very light.  That way they can keep the high heel shoes on in a natural way.

 I have the legs connected at the knees by a small ring, the kind you find in keyrings. That way the legs are always closed and they don't open when I'm taking the figure from the case and sitting her on the stand, etcetera, which would be very "unlady" like. Of course it's very easy to separate them by unhooking (is that the right word?) one of the legs for dressing and packing.

From Canada, Marcelo Melison.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/23/2012

    some very clever ideas - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/23/2012

    Well it was a surprise to see the photo and my comments in the blog! I sincerely hope it helps by inspiring some figure maker to try something new. Thanks for sharing it with your readers, Clinton! Marcelo Melison.

    ReplyDelete