9/11/12




 

This is one of Craig Lovik's earliest basswood carved figures.  But it was not sold, and I just kept it in my shop.  It is now in the process of restoration.  The undercut on the jaw has been rebuilt.  I have repainted the head.  I hope to mount the control levers and restring the figure shortly.  (It does have winker/blinkers and raising eyebrows.)  I've found a very nice deluxe boy's wig for it.  So one of these days it will show its face here finished, and ready for sale.  In the meantime, it is reluctantly being used as a model to hold some very nice female child's wigs for eBay photos...(pause)  ...maybe I should finish it out as a girl?  I wonder??

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/11/2012

    In it's present state, it looks more like a girl to me, especially the eyes. I know howerver, that you are quite capable of making it look like anything that you want it to be Mr. D.

    Wilson Kindred

    ReplyDelete
  2. P. Grecian9/11/2012

    Interesting face. Looks...contemplative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/11/2012

    I see this head as an african american boy... My impression. Marcelo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/11/2012

    a boy for sure. i like him they way he is. its nice to see early loviks retaining their original essence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for an African American girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9/12/2012

    Oe more strong vote for a boy figure

    ReplyDelete
  7. bob steininger9/12/2012

    i vote for a girl figure look at the eyes mouth and checks looks like a girl to me

    ReplyDelete