7/21/12

Youthful reluctance

From Rodney McVey:   Bufford and I are going to my grand daughters Kindergarten class Tuesday.  I appreciate the looks I get not only from the children, but the adults as well. Ventriloquist "dummies" were something you'd occasionally see on TV or special events, (not to be confused with Newsy-Vents), many decades ago. Now, they are mostly cast as containing long, dead, evil spirits so, some of the kids are pretty reluctant to get to close right away...but the adults are on the edge of their seats, with anticipation, waiting for me to open my case.Thanks for being a part of these memorable moments, from your contributions both past and present, in the field of ventriloquism!
  *  *  *  *
From Mr. D: The fact that some kids are reluctant to see a vent figure closeup is not necessarily a bad thing from the perspective of a performer. It makes performing easier...but once they see the figure in action and have time to connect with him and his personality you may still have to ask them to "back away". :-) When all is said and done, I suspect the classmates of your granddaughter are going to be envious that their grandpa is not a ventriloquist as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment