3/15/12

Family Tradition

Question:  I'm 14 years old and I just finished my Dad's Maher Course of Ventriloquism.  My dad has a few ventriloquist dummies.  He gave me his older one, and I'm working on a good voice for him.  My Dad finished his course when he was 13 and he has been doing ventriloquism for about 25 years.  My question - do you know any inexpensive places to get clothes for my dummy? Daniel Hatchett         
*  *  *  *  *
From Mr. D:  You can purchase clothes at Wal-Mart, JC Penny, etc., but my favorite are the thrift stores such as Goodwill and Savers.  They have many choices at very reasonable prices.

How exciting to know you will be carrying on your family's ventriloquist tradition! I love it when a parent passes on his or her ventriloquist skills.  Send me a picture of yourself and your vent figure (with your dad, too?) sometime, and I'll post it right here on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/15/2012

    I hope Daniel you will be able to send a photo with your Dad and your two little "friends". I'm sure many on this blog would be very excited to see the photo too!! All the best with your venting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3/15/2012

      Clinton
      Sometimes it is helpful to take the figure into The Salvation Army Store and actually try on the clothes, and then you can create the look you want and purchase the clothes at a phenomenally low cost and even help the less fortunate at the same time. Great legacy Mr. Hatchett is giving to his son, Daniel. Wouldn't it be great to see Daniel in Vegas or Hollywood in a few years as the headline attraction.

      Delete