1/2/12

For Sale

Most of you are a ware of the 1993 issue of Smithsonian magazine with the beautiful full color cover photo of Charlie McCarthy.  (The magazine I have for sale here still has the half page cover protector in place.)  The pages inside include John Ross' carefully researched article about ventriloquists and ventriloquism.  With many full color photos.  10 full pages in all!  Even if you're not a collector of ventriloquist memorabilia you'll be proud to own and read this piece.  If nothing else, you need it to see my picture on page 65 (just kidding!).  I have listed this mint copy of the magazine on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260927536375 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/03/2012

    This brings back some fond memories. I have the same issue. When I was a jail chaplain the facility subscribed to the Smithsonian. The librarian, knowing I was a ventriloquist, gave it to me unopened. It's still in pretty good condition, though it has a couple small marks on the cover. Thanks for sharing.

    Bill Matthews

    ReplyDelete