7/19/11

Winkers - conversion figures?

Question: Have you ever installed eyelids in a conversion figure? If so, what method did you use?
* * * * *
Answer: I assume you are referring to the Goldberger doll conversions. No, I have not, although my son has done so. The smaller size of the heads just do not provide enough room for multiple extra effects. The tighter space also makes it a more difficult job. Installing closing eyes in a full size figure is much easier...yet people expect to pay less for a doll conversion. Not a workable combination. There may be an easier way to do the winkers in the smaller figures than is traditionally done on full size figures, but I've never placed such a project high on my priority list. There are dealers who sell parts, but if I'm going to go to that extra work, I'll do it on a "full size" figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment