6/4/11

Danny Convention!

The Vent Haven ConVENTion this year (July 13-16)* will be certainly be one if the biggest and best. It will include a special "Jimmy Nelson celebration", honoring Jimmy for 70 years of laughter! Thanks to Jimmy's success, I've found myself surrounded by Danny O'Days for nearly 40 years! And I've been richer for it - well, perhaps not "richer", but they've certainly helped keep our family out of the poor house! Coming to know the gentleman who made Danny's character famous has certainly made my life richer, however. I was introduced to Jimmy Nelson in the 1950s and 1960s as I enjoyed his television commercials and later his on stage performances. And now, on a personal level, some 50+ years after first being introduced to Jimmy, I am blessed to call him my friend. What an amazing gift this gentleman has been to me and my family. (Danny, too, of course!)

* * * * * * For conVENTion details: http://www.venthavenconvention.com/

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/04/2011

    Yes. Jimmy has truly been an amazing inspiration to ALL vents. Both as a vent, & as an inspiration in being a good person. {as are YOU Clinton!} I do like Danny, & Humphrey's good too, but personally, FARFEL is my "fave". I rank him right up there with my other favorite show-biz pooch, "Goliath", from the "Davey & Goliath" tv show in the 1960's & 70's {remember them??} I was hoping to go to vent haven, but can't get the time off from work. That will be one of my BIG regrets, not getting to be there for that special occassion! Bill Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Tucker6/09/2011

    Those are a lot of Dannys!

    ReplyDelete