8/26/10

Penguin vent figure


Last Fall I had an inquiry about the possibility of making a "Penguin" figure. The idea caught my curiosity.

With Penguin thoughts in mind, I prepared to order one of these large plush penguins (see photo) thinking I could convert it to a true vent figure (hollow body, turning head on head post, lever controlled mouth and maybe even flapping wings). With a degree of enthusiasm I sent this picture to the customer who quickly sent me his "no thanks".

At first it was a bit of a let down, then we both had a good laugh when he explained to me that he was not wanting the stately bird from Antarctica; rather he was looking for the "Penguin" figure from the movie, "Batman"!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/26/2010

    That is so funny. LeeDean

    ReplyDelete
  2. So can you make him one from Batman? That sounds like a fun project. Maybe you wil make one of those Pinguins anyway, to see how well it turns out, I did a Plush Pink Puddle and a White Ape for my kids. It was fun and educational. Good Luck, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8/26/2010

    HIS loss!! I think that a penguin BIRD puppet would be CUTE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Winkle and Wags8/26/2010

    " ... he was looking for the 'Penguin' figure from the movie, 'Batman!"

    Hmmm ... I wonder what kind of 'Joker' would want that?!

    ReplyDelete