11/18/09

Bad News; Good News


The bad news: On June 6, 2009 I completed and shipped this little lady to a ventriloquist in England. Much to everyone's dismay, she never arrived at her destination. Eventually, I built a second replacement figure which was shipped and delivered.\

The Good news: On November 6, 2009, five months to the day, the wayward parcel was returned to me, unopened! The note on the box which had all original labels and correct address, read "unclaimed". Now I know the purchaser was desperately trying to locate and claim the parcel, so it wasn't for lack of trying.

Bad news: We'll never know the full story of her adventures.

Good news: The lost has been found!

6 comments:

  1. This is a very nice figure, Mr. D, and glad you got her back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/18/2009

    If she has no family, I have a friend I'd like for her to meet if you could email me her adoption fee. I think her travels would make for an interesting history and character.

    Wes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on Mr D, Just ASK her what happened,What kind of a ventriloquist are you if you can't get a dummy to talk? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She talks alright - but how do I know when she's telling me the truth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I could build another like her ($325.00 PP), but believe it or not, she's already found a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11/18/2009

    As long as she is not homeless during this Holiday season, I can rest. Surely vents don't lie. My wife handled the truth wrecklessly when she gave voice to her figure, but the truth was relative. From the figure perspective or my wife, they sometimes differed, ie., a suitcase was home, her mother was a basswood tree.

    ReplyDelete